PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026
Reportsformarkets - Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Hemophilia A and B are rare recessive X-linked genetic deficiencies in the blood clotting factors VIII and IX, respectively, and are characterized by the failure of blood to form normal clots after damage to veins and tissue. In the 7MM, patients with severe forms of the disease are increasingly treated on a prophylactic basis rather than on demand after bleeds. The frequent prophylactic infusions of rFVIII or rFIX begin from the first one or two years of life, often continuing through adulthood. However, the burden on patients and their families of maintaining the prophylactic treatment schedule is high.
Traditionally, the hemophilia market has been dominated by short-acting rFVIII or FIX concentrates. However, in recent years the hemophilia market has become increasingly competitive due to the approval of extended half-life products that can reduce the burden associated with prophylaxis. These improvements have mainly benefited hemophilia B patients, while a substantial unmet need remains for hemophilia A patients and patients with inhibitors who do not respond to standard treatments.
The hemophilia pipeline activity is strong and includes two candidates, Roche’s emicizumab (ACE-910) and Alnylam’s fitusiran, which do not exploit a replacement strategy but target different effectors of the coagulation cascade and are expected to cause a paradigm shift in the treatment of the disease.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key drivers behind the increasing uptake and market penetration of the long-acting factor concentrates in hemophilia A and B, since their approval in 2014, and what is the trend in the use of long-acting factors in the forecast period?
- The hemophilia market is characterized by a number of unmet needs. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the pipeline drugs under development fulfil these unmet needs?
- What impact will the approval of Roche’s emicizumab have on the hemophilia market? What will the drug’s peak sales be, and why?
For detailed Table of Contents / Sample & Flat 20% discount for this Title:
- Overview of hemophilia, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized hemophilia therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in nine patient segments and two treatment strategies (episodic and prophylactic treatment), forecast from 2016 to 2026.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping, and implications for the hemophilia therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for hemophilia. The most promising candidate in Phase III development is profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global hemophilia market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and, challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global hemophilia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global hemophilia market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
For detailed Table of Contents, Sample, Discount & Buy Now:
360 Bloomfield Avenue, Suite 301, Windsor, Connecticut, 06095 USA
US +1 7162260856 | UK +44 1183151292
Tania Green (Sales)